I agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the student exchange scholarship stated below. Paragraphs 2-3 and 5-6 concern also students who do not receive a mobility scholarship from International Exchange Services (IES). The scholarship shall not be paid should the student not accept the terms and conditions of the scholarship on his or her Mobility Online application account. Student exchange scholarships are granted by IES on annually verified grounds. The general terms and conditions concerning scholarships are published in Instructions for students (Funding for exchange).
1. I will use the grant only for the travel, insurance, accommodation, living and studying expenses incurred as a result of the student exchange.
2. I will study on a full-time basis during the exchange period and will aim to follow the learning agreement (study plan) I have drawn up in advance. I will complete at least five credits of academic studies per month at the target university. If my target university does not use ECTS credits, the equivalent required number has been specified in the target university’s credits on the Instructions for students site. As an exception to the minimum of 5 ECTS/month, some universities require the student to complete more than (the equivalent of) 5 ECTS/month. If going on exchange to such a university, I will complete the amount of credits required by the host university. I will incorporate the studies completed during the exchange into my degree at the University of Helsinki. A summer course scholarship requires that the course is completed with a passing grade even in the case of exchange periods of less than one month. Sport and hobby courses are not valid exchange studies even if the host university awards credit points for them. The suitability of traditional arts and crafts courses into the University of Helsinki degree is decided by the responsible teacher of each course at University of Helsinki. If the teacher approves the course to be recognised into the degree, it is also counted as part of the completed courses on exchange.
3. I will immediately notify International Exchange Services about the extension, suspension, shortening or cancellation of my student exchange. I understand that the additional component of the grant is not awarded if I apply for it after my original exchange period.
4. I agree to return the grant in full or part if my exchange period is shortened so that it affects the grant amount. I understand that I may also have to return my grant if I fail to complete sufficient amount of credits during my exchange.
5. I will purchase the necessary insurance (sickness and travel insurance) because the University of Helsinki does not provide insurance coverage for outgoing students.
6. I will submit the exchange documents (letter of confirmation* and transcript of studies) and complete the exchange feedback form for International Exchange Services on my Mobility Online account within two months of my return. If I participate in an Erasmus exchange, I will also submit a signed copy of my learning agreement to International Exchange Services and complete the EU Survey within two months of my return.
*Only Erasmus, Nordplus and Nordlys exchange students must submit the Letter of confirmation.
Receiving a salary from the University during the months preceding exchange affects the payment date of the scholarship. See the Instructions for students about mobility scholarships for details if you are employed by the University and contact the International Exchange Services: firstname.lastname@example.org.