On Tuesdays, events related to student wellbeing and the promotion of study abilities are organised in the Guidance Corner.
Every Tuesday, you can take a break with a mini workout instructed by Unisport from 13.15 to 13.30.
Once a month you can follow Nyyti ry’s and its cooperation partners’ Facebook Hyvinvointilive (‘wellbeing live’) broadcast onsite. Check the broadcast times and topics on Nyyti ry’s website.
In spring 2019, the following themed days will be arranged at the Guidance Corner; a more detailed programme with schedules will be published at a later date.
Tuesday, 19 March: Equality and non-discrimination
Tuesday, 26 March: 10.00–14.00: Is stress damaging your teeth?
Do you grind your teeth and clench your jaw? Do you suffer from headaches, dizziness or jaw pain? Perhaps you also have tension in the neck and shoulder area? Are you looking for relief?
Come to Guidance Corner and meet oral hygienists and a physiotherapist from the Finnish Student Health Service! You will:
- Obtain information on how stress affects dental health and how it can be treated
- Have the opportunity to take a test to assess your dental occlusion symptoms
- Be offered guidance on self-care, including tips on good posture and sleep ergonomics
- Learn more about facial self-massage, stretching and self-care
- Meet experts to discuss other matters of oral health and physiotherapy
- Receive free xylitol pastilles
18.00–18.30 Live session on wellbeing with the Nyyti student mental health association and its partners: What will I do when I grow up?
You can follow the live session on wellbeing on Nyyti’s Facebook page on Tuesday, 26 March, 18.00–18.30. You can also come see the session live at Guidance Corner in the lobby of the Main Library at Kaisa House. Further information (in Finnish): https://www.nyyti.fi/opiskelijoille/facebook-livet/
Tuesday, 16 April: Stress relief
Thursday, 25 April: National Student’s Mental Health Day
Tuesday, 7 May: Knowing and managing yourself