Russian, Eastern European and Eurasian studies
Select degree programme
Search for degree programme
Master's and Licentiate's Programmes
The Aleksanteri Institute organises multidisciplinary study programmes, special courses and training on different levels from undergraduate to PhD. Our teaching is closely linked to the on-going research at the Institute and its network, and we are constantly developing new methods and practices to provide students with the best learning experience. In the study programmes coordinated by the Aleksanteri Institute, you gain valuable insights into the history, culture, politics and every day life of the countries in our field.
The following studies are coordinated by the Aleksanteri Institute:
- Module Global Processes in Russia (RUS-500,15 cr) offers three master's level courses: RUS-302 Global Norms and Ethics, RUS-303 Processes and Flows and RUS-304 Reactions and Responses.
- The Finnish university network for Expertise in Russian and Eastern European Studies (ExpREES) offers a 25 cr study block. Degree students of Finnish Universities can apply to ExpREES every year in March. ExpREES students can take summer- and autumn schools, excursions and courses of the network universities.
- You can apply to the Master's Programme in Russian Studies (MARS) by the beginning of the January. For more information and application instructions, please see How to apply.
- The East Central European, Balkan and Baltic Studies (ECEBB) provides students with a comprehensive knowledge base in order to deepen their understanding of the recent history and current societies of the regions. ECEBB offers two study blocks ECEBB I (KUKA-IK500, 30 cr) and ECEBB II (15 cr).
- Ukrainian Studies (KIK-UK100, 30 cr) is a multidisciplinary study block providing students with opportunities to orientate themselves to the study of Ukrainian language, culture, history and contemporary society as well as Ukraine's relations to Russia and the European Union.