Student’s Digital Skills course is completed through self-access studies and online exams. You can complete the course entirely independently on your own computer whenever you wish.
The course is most beneficial when completed at the beginning of the studies. It is recommended that the orientation part of the course be completed during the first or, at the latest, the second period of the first academic year. The course is available to all students, but if you are pursuing a first-cycle degree, it is a compulsory component of your general studies.
The course completion has been divided into two parts:
- Student’s Digital Skills: Orientation (2 cr)
- Student’s Digital Skills: Advanced Skills (1 cr)
Completion instructions in a nutshell (More detailed instructions are available in their entirety on Moodle, see point 1 in the list below.):
- Find on Moodle the Student’s Digital Skills: Orientation course intended for your own degree programme with the code provided at the end of the next section of these instructions. Register in Moodle with the code assigned for your degree programme.
- Review the learning material available in Moodle and take the starting level tests. You may take the starting level tests as many times as needed to receive the required score.
- After you have passed all the starting level tests and studied the learning material well enough to be sufficiently prepared for a competence test, register for the test in WebOodi. You can find the correct course in WebOodi by using the same code you used to search for the Moodle course. NB! Remember to register in WebOodi before taking the competence test, since the completion of the course will not be registered without it, even if you passed the test. In order to access the competence test site, you need a password, which you will receive only after you have registered for the test in WebOodi (see here instructions on how to find the password once you have registered in WebOodi).
- Once you have completed the competence test:
- If you passed the competence test and you registered for it in advance in WebOodi, the completed course will be registered for you. Next, you can complete the course Student’s Digital Skills: Advanced Skills. However, you will only be able to complete it after the completed orientation stage is registered in WebOodi.
- Should you not pass the competence test: You can try to pass the competence test again for a second time during the same examination period; however, there must be at least a week between the tests. You may also register for the competence test in the next examination period. Further information is available in Moodle.
Student’s Digital Skills: Advanced Skills:
- The following section lists the degree programmes where the advanced skills course is substituted by a course from the degree programme in question.
- The advanced skills courses of other degree programmes can be found in Moodle with campus-specific codes, which are also listed in the next section. Completion of these is similar to the completion of the orientation part of the course: First, you have to pass the starting level test and then the competence test. Remember to register for the competence test in WebOodi before completing it in Moodle.
Contact teaching for the course is organised as an Open University course each term. This course is recommended especially to students whose starting level in information and communication technology is low and who need special support in studying for the Student’s Digital Skills course.
More information is available in WebOodi with the code AYDIGI-500A Open uni: Student's Digital Skills: Orientation.
OBS! Undervisning på finska. NB! Teaching in Finnish