Select degree programme
Search for degree programme
Master's and Licentiate's Programmes
Application call for UNICA student conference in Lisbon (summer 2020)
What is UNICA?
The UNICA-network brings together Universities from capital cities in Europe. The Student conferences are arranged to deepen the cooperation between students in the partner universities. More information on the network can be found on the network´s webpage.
The UNICA conference was created in 2000 by the Freie Universität Berlin. Since then, it gathers every 2-3 years in a different city and involves 200-300 students. During the UNICA conference, you will have the possibility to discuss with other students about meaningful issues related to higher education.
UNICA Student Conference 2020
In 2020, the conference will be held in Lisbon and will be hosted by NOVA University. The theme of the conference is “Dream your university in the capital city”.
The main theme will be structured in different topics, which will be selected in cooperation with the Erasmus Student Network (ESN) and the European Students Union (ESU) and will be discussed in 10 Students’ Fora. In the motivation letter for the application, the student should indicate which conference topic he/she would like to attend and also choose a second option. A list of the conference topics can be found here.
The conference will take place on 28.06. - 01.07.2020. The University of Helsinki will pay the participant a grant of 250,00 EUR. The participant is responsible for the travel arrangements and costs. The organizers of the conference will pay the housing costs and the meals during the conference´s sessions.
The selected students commit to do a pre-assignment and participating actively in the conference.
Click here for more information.
Who can apply
The University of Helsinki will select max. 10 students to take part in the conference.
You can apply, if:
- You have completed successfully at least 2 years of studies. Also Master and Doctoral level students can apply.
- You have a successful study record
- You have good spoken and written skills in English
- You are interested in European issues and the themes of the conference
- Participants must do a pre-assignment before the conference.
How to apply
The application is done in the Mobility Online –portal from 07.01.2020 to 21.01.2020. Attachments are uploaded to the application workflow.
- You will find detailed information on how to apply in the instructions for students webpage (however, notice that step 4 does not apply in this case).
- Required documents:
- Motivation Letter (max 500 words)
- Unofficial transcript of records (can be requested on WebOodi)
- Link to application portal
- Please, select:
- Programme: UNICA Studen Conference, academic year 2020-21
- University: NOVA University Lisbon
The selected students will be informed by the 22.01.2020.
For further information, do not hesitate to contact:
International Exchange Services
+358 2941 22401